During Christmas period, it is more frequent to have more heavy meals which are rich in saturated fats, for example, candies, chocolates, cakes… and another Christmas typical dishes.
Due to these large food intakes, we can feel our body becomes heavier and swollen. Also we can feel that our mood can be affected as well. This can happen because the excess of fat in our body is not being transformed in energy. If this occurs, it is the time for a detoxification of our body!
To begin, we recommend preparing your skin with detoxifying and oxygenating products in order to renew it. After that, it is advisable to apply cosmetic products to clean the skin from the accumulated impurities. These toxins on the skin of the face can be visible in form of spots, through dull and devitalized skin or a change of the skin type.
¿And what about our body? As every January, we initiate a new year with new purposes; and one of them is to have a perfect body for the summer. In order to achieve this, we recommend to use a draining cream daily to help reducing the volume, eliminate cellulite and sculpt the contour.
By following these beauty tips and with some daily physical routine, you will reach your new purpose. The physical activity is essential for a healthy life! When we exercise, the oxygen level in our body increases causing that all the cells are oxygenated and that all the accumulated toxins are eliminated through the transpiration.
In order to recover from the water lost through transpiration, we should drink between 1,5L and 2L of water per day. Other food like pineapple, orange, melon, watermelon… or drinks like infusions, juices and natural smoothies can help us to reach this quantity of water as well.
We want to give some recommendations of drinks that you can find here below and which can help to detoxify your body:
- Grapefruit, orange or lemon infusions: The grape fruit, lemon and orange are citrus with a high content in Vitamin C. These antioxidants help to increase the defenses in our immune system and help to produce glutathione to improve the toxins removal. To prepare the infusion we only need to heat a little bit of water and later add a part of the pulp of these fruits into it; after a few minutes, strain the mix and then the natural infusion is ready to drink.
- Dandelion and horse tail infusions: Known by their diuretic and detoxifying properties, these two ingredients are perfect to add in our infusions to help removing all the accumulated toxins while at the same time help our circulatory system to drain the liquids. In addition, they help improving the correct function of our liver. To prepare this infusion, add some leaves of the chosen plant into the hot water and after a few minutes we have our infusion ready to drink.
- Cranberries and red fruit smoothie: The cranberries have a high content in antioxidants and very low levels of sugars. Thanks to that, it is a perfect food to detoxify our organism. It is said that a single juice of this fruit per day, acts as preventive from liver and urinary system diseases, and also improves the circulatory system thanks to their vasodilating and vasoconstrinting properties. To prepare this smoothie of cranberry, we mix 1 glass of cranberries or red fruit with a glass of lemon juice and then we add a glass of skimmed milk or coconut water.
¡A good nutrition to detoxify your body!
There are vegetables and fruits that you can eat daily to detoxify the body.
- Fruits: Besides the cranberries and red fruit that have a high content in antioxidants, we can also find fruits like apple, pear, lemon, orange or strawberries.
- Vegetable or plants: Artichoke, onion, garlic, asparagus, ginger and beet are food that facilitate the circulation of mineral salts and which help to do a better depuration of the organism.
Don’t forget to eat for breakfast food with a high content in fiber to have a better digestive health. Some examples are: cereals, bread and integral biscuits.
Lastly, always remember that the alcohol and tobacco consumption generates a very high level of free radicals in our organism.
¡With these advices, we hope that you have a happy beginning of the year!